TOWN BOARD MEETINGS HELD THE THIRD MONDAY OF EVERY MONTH @ 7:00PM AT THE SPRING LAKE COMMUNITY BUILDING, RESIDENTS ARE ENCOURAGED TO ATTEND AND BE INVOLVED IN YOUR TOWN.
Town of Spring Lake Indiana
Town of Spring Lake Board Meeting Monday, September 19th, 2022
- Town Council meeting minutes from - Monday, August 15th, Spring Lake, Indiana – 7:00 p.m.
- Council President, Amy Hodgkin, opened meeting with greetings.
- Council members in attendance: Amy Hodgkin, Andy Swain, Bill Barber, Diana Johnson-C/T. Street Commissioner, Wally Althaus.
- Town residents in attendance: - Byron Holden, Marion Quinlin, David J. Johnson,
- Monday, July 18th, minutes read, approved.
- July claim vouchers shown for payment approved.
- Street Commissioner – Wally Althaus, - T-Man’s mowing contract for 2023/2024 mowing season presented. Amy Hodgkin motioned to accept mowing contract. Andy Swain and Bill Barber both agreed to accept contract. Three votes agreeing to accept T-Man’s 2023/2024 two-year contract for mowing maintenance for the town. Dam repair: Dam in need of pressure washing and cleaning prior to repair. Wally recommended getting quotes. Board supported recommendation, Wally to obtain quotes for pressure wash and cleaning.
- Planning Commission: - Byron Holden shared that a cabinet factory may be coming to the “Studebaker” facility found off highway 40.
- Spring Lakes Men’s Club: - Marion Quinlin: 1) The dock on little lake needs replaced. 2) Suggested two new benches for little lake. 3) Sink hole by drain near playground needs maintenance. 4) Bridge between little lake needs maintenance and painted.
- County Steering Committee: - Pat Haley – County Plan sent via email.
- Dam repair – Currently tabled at this time for fall. Wally to obtain quotes for pressure washing/cleaning.
- Guardrails for culvert – Diana Johnson to follow up with Hancock wellness.
- Wall in basement approved for painting. Diana Johnson and Marion Quinlin seeking quotes. Diana to pull old quote from Byron. Newly supplied quote from Luca Iaria exceeds budget.
- Speeding concerns: Board agreed to obtain quotes for three speed bumps. Garden, Lake and Sugar Creek Dr for placement. Agreed to initially try for best outcome.
- Exterior lighting – Wally Althaus suggested solar lighting that could clamp on to gutters. Board agreed to buy a couple for sampling.
- Exterior signage – Amy Hodgkin supplied samples from Signarama. Byron Holden recommended checking with county for sign ordinance regulation. Andy Swain to check with county.
- Basement exterior doors in need of maintenance – Andy Swain mentioned need to get quotes for doors. No quotes to date.
- New electrical panel installed on August 25th. Work complete.
- New well pump for the Community Building. – SLMC to supply quotes. Initial quote exceeds budget. Marion to look at other vendors.
- Mowing concerns resolved.
- New sand requested for swimming area and bench painted / updated. – Andy to discuss with Mike Kiemeyer about bench. Sand just in need of tilling.
- An interest in Town Marshall expressed. – Board agreed to continue using county enforcements.
- Tennis Court – Spring Lake Men’s Club supplied a temporary fix to tennis net. Need a new net come spring.
- Question about Town becoming a Historic landmark.
- Aggressive dog concerns.
- Tree limb down in beach area.
- Front door latch not working properly.
No other business presented to council. Next town council meeting scheduled for, Monday, September 19th, 2022, 7:00 p.m. Council President, Amy Hodgkin motioned to adjourn meeting, Andy and Bill 2nd motion.